COMMERCIAL, CORPORATE AND COMPETITION LAW
Global commerce requires specialised and tailor-made contracts; partnerships between individuals and entities demand creative, innovative, secure and cost-effective legal instruments; likewise, corporate reorganisation and transactions are part of the commercial dynamics and require specialists to deal with various strategic and legal issues.
- Incorporation and liquidation of companies
- Consortiums and joint ventures
- Business collaboration contracts
- Insolvency law
- Acquisition of companies
- Shareholders' agreements
- Family and business protocols
- Asset sequestration
- Commercial contracts
- International contracts
- Legal due diligence (commercial, labour, tax, intellectual property)
Contact the experts
César Mauricio Ochoa P.
Public Accountant - Lawyer
ADMINISTRATIVE LAW, PUBLIC CONTRACTING, PUBLIC+PRIVATE PARTNERSHIPS AND STATE LIABILITY
Assistance and accompaniment in procedures that are carried out before the different state bodies and entities, with the aim of generating optimal relations between the public administration and individuals, which allows citizen needs satisfaction and fulfilment of the state's aims.
- Ordinary and sanctioning administrative formalities and procedures before any public authority.
- Legal representation before contentious-administrative jurisdiction, public and constitutional actions.
- Preventive legal advice on government contracts
- Contractual and non-contractual public liability
- Consultancy and legal advice in the conclusion, execution and liquidation of public contracts.
- Design, structuring and presentation of public-private partnership projects (APP).
- Legal advice and consultancy in public tenders and concessions.
Juan Camilo Franco C.
Due to the economic and legal relevance that intangible property has for industry and commerce, our firm has specialised a group of professionals in the protection and administrative or judicial representation required in the field of industrial property and copyright
- Registration of trademarks and patents
- Copyright and related rights
- Intangible assets alienation and encumbrance
- Intellectual property protection, among others.
LABOR AND SOCIAL SECURITY LAW
The dynamics acquired by the social protection systems and overseeing by the Ministry of Labour and UGPP make it necessary to design plans and audit compliance with Social Security regulations and individual and collective labour law.
- Legal representation in processes of employer's fault, dismissals without just cause, workers with union privilege, tutela’s and contempt of court.
- Advice on issues of reinforced labour stability.
- Design of internal labour regulations
- Drafting and review of employment contracts and hiring policies
- Management and accompaniment in labour roundtables
- Consulting and review of salary and benefits policy to avoid sanctions from the UGPP and the Ministry of Labour.
- Advice and support in administrative procedures before Ministry of Labour and Ministry of Public Health.
- Advice on disability qualiﬁcation procedures.
- Consulting in Associated work Cooperatives and temporary service companies.
- Labour risks and their proper legal management, among others.
POLICY FOR PREVENTION OF CORPORATE LEGAL MALPRACTICE AND RISK MANAGEMENT
This tool seeks to promote within companies’ development of a proactive culture of risk management and business damage, taking into account the industry and economic sector to which it belongs, as well as potential threats, risks and damages that may occur in the development of business activity, in order to provide alternatives to manage, mitigate and control their occurrence.
- Identification of the facts, events or circumstances that may eventually constitute a threat, risk, or damage to the company.
- Formulation of risk matrix according to the activity to which the organization belongs.
- Evaluation of activities carried out by each of areas or dependencies attached to company that participate in legal, commercial, accounting, tax, administrative and logistic operation, to determine their vulnerability or risk exposure to be managed, mitigated or controlled.
- Elaboration of Prevention of corporate anti-legal damage and risk management policy
- Formulation of alternatives for management, mitigation and control of risks associated with business activity.